If you have just had your braces removed, congratulations! You are one step closer to having that perfect smile. It’s now time to introduce your retainer. It is very important that you wear your retainer as instructed by Dr. Gage. In this blog post our LevelIUp Orthodontics team will explain why and some tips for retainer wear and care.
WHY RETAINER WEAR IS IMPORTANT
Once your braces are off, you want to make sure your smile stays braces-free! To do this, you need to wear your retainer and keep it clean. Why is it important to wear a retainer? Your braces have been working hard to move your teeth into their new, straight positions. But if you don’t wear your retainer, your teeth will start to shift back towards their original positions. Wearing a retainer helps to keep your teeth in their new, straight position.
Now that we know why it’s important to wear a retainer, let’s talk about how to keep it clean! Here are some tips:
– Clean your retainer regularly.
– Rinse your retainer with lukewarm water after eating or drinking.
– Avoid keeping your retainer in any ‘hot spots’. Avoid direct sunlight or leaving it in the car on a hot summer day.
– Store your retainer in its case.
– Replace your retainer as needed. If it becomes loose or no longer fits properly, come in for a new one!
– Keep a spare retainer with you as a backup.
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU!
Following these tips will help to keep your retainer clean and ensure that it lasts for many years! If you have any questions about wearing or cleaning your retainer, please contact our orthodontic office. We would be happy to help!READ MORE